We're always looking for exceptional people.
We're a home services startup that's been in business since 2012 with a technology platform that matches cleaning professionals to those who need their place cleaned. We're profitable, growing rapidly, and currently service 5 major cities within the United States. Our team is entirely distributed and remote so we make heavy use of Asana, Slack, and other web apps to keep our operations organized and efficient. Come join us on our mission to making home services both easy and affordable!
We're currently hiring for these positions.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
We're looking for a long-term senior Ruby on Rails developer (at least 2 years experience) that can get things done, take ownership of features, and come up with scalable solutions to challenging problems. Our product is used by thousands of customers every month so the impact is real. This is an hourly and remote position.
- Ruby on Rails
- Pluses: Vagrant, Chef
- Describe a Rails project which you worked on that you are most proud of
- How many hours a week you can commit
- A link to your GitHub profile
We’re seeking a lead designer to manage the creative direction of our company. This position will work interchangeably with multiple departments including engineering, operations, and marketing. You will create unique graphics and produce impactful materials that tell our story on print and digital platforms. This is a contractor position.
- Develop and grow the Upkeep brand into a cohesive vision
- Manage creative projects from conception to completion
- Collaborate with our team to create wireframes, mock ups, prototypes, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of design experience
- Outstanding and diverse portfolio depicting previous design work
- Passion for detail
Support and Operations Associate
You will be responsible for expanding and improving our business through the optimization of our service and focus on the user. You will manage day-to-day operations for our network of keepers and handle customer support. This is a unique opportunity to provide solutions to our customers as the voice of Upkeep, as well as to provide feedback internally to ensure we are constantly improving our business and user experience. This is an hourly and remote position.
- Balance the firehouse of inbound calls, texts and emails from customers and keepers
- Go above and beyond to ensure satisfaction and delight for customers and keepers
- Work with engineering team to improve product and customer experience
- Positive and upbeat attitude
You will be assisting our support and operations, engineering, and management teams with any tasks they need to get done. This is an hourly and remote position.
- Assist with various duties that can help our support and operations team become more efficient and productive
- Assist with lead generation efforts
- Assist with marketing and social media campaigns
- Reliable internet connection
- Excellent written communication skills
- Be available during US business hours